Saturday 9 November 2019

RABID is a horror film starring Laura Vandervoort, Benjamin Hollingsworth, Phil Brooks. A film by the Soska sisters. A remake of a Cronenberg classic. The menu song is interesting. Hard to find the soundtrack. Cert 18. I thought that it might be my TV screen. It is the visual effect. Also the make up on Laura. She has looked better. I last saw her in Jigsaw. Her biggest role was in Smallville. This is an indie arthouse flick from Canada. A designer at a fashion company lives a life of solitude. She is involved in a car accident which leaves her deformed. Good special effects. Nice acting. The term Transhumanism is interesting. A medical experimental producer is offered and the protagonist Rose decides to undergo the procedure. However there are side effects. When I looked at the front cover I assumed it to be a zombie film. I didn't read the blurb on the back. I did think that the hospital would have done something to fix her face. She looks hot after the procedure. I have to look at IMDb and discussions. You may have seen Excision, Sorry To Bother You, Tusk, The Cure For Wellness, In Fabric, REC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment