Monday 27 August 2018



 You Were Never Really Here is a thriller starring Joaquin Phoenix. It is a strange film. Some dialogue I couldn't make out so I recommend subtitles. You have this mercenary in New York. A hired hitman in a way. He is sent to rescue a teenage girl from a sex ring. He uses violence when necessary. Things don't go to plan. Amazon Studio/Film Four 2018. You may have seen Leon, The Equalizer. Based on a novel. Directed by Lynn Ramsey. There are flashbacks to the protagonist's childhood. He has other thoughts which the audience get to see. So I was left wondering 'what did I just watch?' Plenty of violence. Joe is his name. He lives with his elderly mother. There is a bonus feature. I try to understand the asphyxiation thing. You might make more sense out of the novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment